Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crafty Schmafty - Wine Glasses

I had a bunch of wine glasses, modge podge, and glitter sitting around my house the other day... so I made something with it. I was tired of the wine glasses being so plain, I wanted some SPARKLE in my life. Sooooo.... I got crafty schmafty and made my wine glasses sparkle.

I started out like this:


I then put blue painters tap in a straight line around the glass:

I put a layer of modge podge on the glass, then poured glitter on the modge podge and let it dry:



One the glitter was dried onto the modge podge, I put a second coat of modge podge on top of the glitter to keep it from flaking off.


I let the modge podge mostly dry, then I took off the painters tape so that it wouldn't pull off parts of the glitter when it was completely dry. I then let them sit over night to thoroughly dry. 


Here is the final product. They are not dishwasher safe, but can be washed by hand gently without the glitter coming off. I tell ya, that Modge Podge is incredible stuff for crafty folks. 

I hope you like it!

Miss Amanda Hugnkiss

No comments:

Post a Comment