Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wedding Fashion

I'm a trendy girl at times... Embarrassingly enough, I do buy InStyle magazine and Lucky magazine. I follow fashion, and used to really love labels. I still love fashion, and I still love labels, but a few years ago I decided it really isn't very important in the grand scheme of life. I decided that I didn't want to be that girl, and I didn't really care if my hair was brushed, or washed for that matter, nor did I care if it was styled in a trendy way and that I was wearing the latest styles. Anyways... you can take the girl out of the trailer but she will still be trailer trash... I still love fashion and I decided I wanted to start sharing my finds. I recently went as a guest to a wedding (where I was grossly overdressed), this is what I wore for it. I'm thinking I look pretty hot, considering I was hungover like a mug that morning from the Halloween festivities the night before.

Dress: Express Long Sleeve Embellished Dress $108. I bought it in black and purple, so I could wear the purple one on New Year's Eve.




I paired the dress with gold sparkly shoes by Steve Madden ($40 on sale from $110, YAY!) and a pair of blackest black tights. 



I adore these shoes. I wore them for about 4-5 hours before I had to take them off my feet because they were so painful, but the peep-toe, Dirty Dancing style has me hooked. 

Jewelry is also from Express, it is a pewter colored multi-strand necklace ($18)





The hair... I get a lot of compliments when I wear my hair like this. I have naturally curly hair; however, it is long...so only half of my head will curl because my hair is so heavy it weighs down the top half of my hair. To fix this, I found this great little device made by Revlon. It is pretty much a super curling iron, that you crimp your hair with. I use it to remedy the problem of my heavy hair. I think I paid $25 for it from Target.

 

I am a very curvy girl... by curvy, I mean curvy, not fat. I have hips, a defined waist, and a big chest. I find that Express dresses fit my frame very well, they always have great styles, and they are decently priced.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my dress selection for the wedding. My birthday is tomorrow, I think I'm going to get a new dress for it and wear it out for a birthday surprise. 

Peace out y'all.
Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe I read this to the end....you sure are a sassy, gurl *snapping my fingers in the air"....thanks for making it in picture book format..lol

    ReplyDelete